Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Sewalong to Get Me Sewing

Readjusting to home life after a crazy amazing summer has been difficult. I walked back into my room and the fabrics started screaming at me for my long neglect. There are things I have to sew and things I want to sew and things I should sew. But I haven't known where to start so I've just been sitting on my bed cruising the interwebs instead. Until I read Heather B's post today.... It was the kick in the pants I needed.


I do make lists to keep myself from being overwhelmed or distracted so the categories offered here are very appealing. I'm also going to try to not write everything I could make and keep it to a more realistic amount...

Fashionable Foundations

  • Brown Corduroy Maritime Jeans Hack... I've got a couple more fabrics for trousers as well, I'm just not ready to tackle them again...
  • Green Wool Skirt of some sort. Today I found out I'm entering SD Make It With Wool Contest and showing my garments on the 18th. No panic...
Chic Chemises
  • Finish Red Cabled Sweater I've got partially knitted. 
  • Green Wool Crepe Top that should be drapey for MIWW contest. Any pattern suggestions?
  • Pink & Blue Plaid Japanese Tunic Top
  • Teal & Grey Sweatshirt Knit Tunic Top
Fabulous Frocks
  • Something Pretty! I'm bummed I missed out on the summer stuff!
It's Cold Outside
  • Schnittchen Mona Jacket in Turquoise Corduroy
Whew, just looking at that seems more manageable than what I was thinking. Maybe now I can move forward and sew on!

8 comments:

Heather Bee said...

Ahhhhh, nothing like a list to stop your brain from freaking out. I like all the colorful things on your list. Do you want to be each other's accountability partners for this sew-a-long? Hey, put that new pattern down! LOL

Becky W said...

Looks like a very reasonable list. I do love the FESA sewalong--cold weather isn't nearly as inspirational for me, so it's a great way to keep me focused and sewing!

EmSewCrazy said...

Yes! Let's keep each other accountable! I realized this summer I love color! I need to just make solid bottoms because all my tops are super colorful.

EmSewCrazy said...

I tried to keep it reasonable so I wouldn't get overwhelmed again. I'm so excited to find this sew along! It should be fun!

Heather Bee said...

Awesome! I'd like a little more color in my fall/winter wardrobe too. But I should also use up some of that stashed fabric. Will "try" to buy colors instead of black...right after the order I placed yesterday.

EmSewCrazy said...

Hahaha! Oh dear. Our poor sewing problems....

Sarah said...

What a great list! I love corduroy - one of my favourite cold weather materials. So glad you're sewing along!

EmSewCrazy said...

Thanks for hosting this Sarah! I've got one dress down and another almost completed!