Monday, March 25, 2013

Creating While Traveling

If all goes according to plan I will be off on a trip later this week and everyone knows a creative can't travel without taking something to make with her. Since I'll be flying with a small child, space is limited and I need something quick to pop in and out of my bag; not to mention be able to sneak my sewing supplies aboard. After much waffling between a couple projects I finally decided on embroidery.
I was recently rebitten by the embroidery bug and I don't have to buy any of my supplies so we'll call it stashbusting too!
I forget how I got there, but Sublime Stitching sucked me in with their modern take on embroidery. When I saw their free pattern of the moment I knew what I needed to make!
Looking for a handout...?
Isn't he cute! You can still snag him for free Here!


According to the website, needlework supplies are allowed on flights and I believe my tiny scissors will pass inspection too. All I need to do is transfer my pattern and I'll be good to go.



How about you? Do you have to travel with a craft? What do you take? Any tips on embroidering on the move?

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I always have to take a book, currently Testament of Experience by Vera Brittain; always a magazine, but this time a collection of pages ripped from old magazines and filed under 'expert advice'; always a needlework project, this time a bag of yarn to knit small hats for babies in Africa.

EmSewCrazy said...

Ooh sounds like you have it honed to a science! I usually take several books but since this is work instead of vacation I figure I'll do my reading online. Safe travels to you and good luck knitting your hats!

Anonymous said...

Ack! I have to get that pattern! I haven't been regularly checking the freebies like I normally do. Thanks for sharing :)

EmSewCrazy said...

I know! Isn't it great!